CANDY CANE WHITE FUDGE
Submitted by: Barbara Williams
12 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c coarsely chopped peppermint candies
Butter an 8-inch square baking pan; line bottom and sides with foil allowing foil to
extend over sides of pan by about 1". Butter foil. Over medium-high heat in top of
double-boiler or heatproof bowl set over pot of hot water combine white chocolate and
condensed milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth, 5 minutes. Pour
mixture into pan; sprinkle candy over top. Using knife lightly swirl candy into chocolate
mixture. Refrigerate until firm, about 6 hours or overnight. Cut into 1" squares,
diamond shapes or rectangles. Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 64 pieces
COOKIE TIPS FOR BAKING SEASON:
* If refrigerator cookie dough seems to soft to form into cylinders, don't be tempted to
add more flour to stiffen it. Instead, stick the bowl of dough in the freezer for
about an hour. You'll find the dough easier to handle.
* Cookies that have become hard can be softened if you store them for a day or so i a
closed container with half an apple.
* Dip your cookie cutter in either powdered sugar or warm water; the dough won't stick to
* Use a wet knife to cut refrigerator cookie dough into slices, and they'll cut cleanly,
without ragged edges.
* For drop cookies, use a small ice cream scoop to drop the dough on cookie sheets.
* Because cookie dough is so high in fat, you almost never have to grease cookie sheets.
Know someone who
would appreciate this recipe?
Return to reader's recipes Return to master recipes